Monday, August 22, 2016

A Cool Looking Fail! or A Learning Experience?

A Cool Looking: Fail! or A Learning Experience?



FAIL!

The cover I think looks good but the product does not meet expectations. I don’t know about you but I hate it when something sounds good and then falls short of all you wanted. This fell way, way short.

I will not go into details about why, this post isn’t about what not to do when creating a coloring book, but a post about failure. I might say perceived failure. Ordering this book cost me $8 and I learned more from that $8 than I did in the book that I have paid a lot more for. It taught me so in that since it was not a loss. 

Sure, I really don’t like thinking I had something only to find out that it isn’t going to work. I don’t like going back to the drawing board, but at least now I have more direction. Now,at least at this moment, I understand the emotion behind Thomas Edison’s supposed comment “I did not fail. I learned 1000 ways not to make a lightbulb.”

What I do know is it is better to do something and fail than to never fail because you never did anything. However, I may not have a finished product or even a close to finished product but I have learned several things and for that I am satisfied. 

So is the coloring book close to being done? No, in fact, it may never be published but it was an attempt, a try, a learning experience. 


So what have you tried? 

No comments:

Post a Comment