Friday, September 2, 2016

The #1 Troublemaker (or Who is to Blame?)

Who is to Blame?



"God’s wrath is seen not so much in what he does, but in what he allows to happen.” Ben Witherington III

When I read this it reminded me of the old warning, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." The reason for this warning is there are strings attached to anything we want and not all of them are good. 

Many people talk about God's wrath hitting people or countries and others, on the other hand, who make fun of any idea of God's wrath falling in the world today. The truth is, that for most people the problems they face are because God has allowed them to get exactly what they wanted.

The reason I bring this up is for most people the problems they face are a result of actions they have taken in the past. I have a weight problem and though my genetics and body type are against me, it is my eating that keeps me overweight. My reason for sharing this is because we all have things in our life that we perpetuate by our own actions and then we want to blame God or someone else when we face the consequences.

Another example, I have credit card debt (that I am paying off). No one put a gun to my head and forced me to get a credit card, let alone use it.

So who is to blame? The credit card company? Congress? Those rich bankers? 

NO!

It is my fault. God let me have what I wanted and now I am paying for it. 

It is like building a home on a flood plane and then blaming God or the government for the flood. I doubt you were forced to live there and the danger of living there is the flood. Other people have different issues, however, we need to realize who is the person responsible.

God can help all of us, but unless we admit to being the problem, he can't. 

Finally, even if what has a has happened is in no way your fault, and there are times when it isn't, we are still responsible for how we respond. That, however, is a different discussion for another day. 

REMEMBER: There are things that happen that are not because of our actions, but for most of us there is only ourselves to blame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment