Monday, September 26, 2016

You can mess up God's plan for your life



I recently read a post that said, “If you think you’ve blown God’s plan for your life, rest in this. You, my beautiful friend, are not that powerful.”

I wanted to write back and say, "You, my beautiful friend, are that powerful."

This sounds great but unless you are a staunch 5 point Calvinist, you can not say this is true. Yes, I wish it was and no I am not diminishing God’s redemptive power to turn “all things together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). However, for one example, it is God’s will that no one would be lost, but again Jesus clearly says that many will be. 

Why? 

God gave us free will.

And if going to hell isn’t ruining God’s plan for your life then what is?

Like I mentioned before, God has promised to work things together for good, but not all things that happen to us are God’s will. God didn’t want a nurse to murder my grandmother, but he did want me to forgive and teach others to do so also. God didn’t want me to get myself tied up in debt so that I can’t do or give like I would if I wasn’t in debt. However, God does want me to learn from this and again encourage and teach other who might be in the same place.


God knows the beginning from the end and in some mysterious way for him everything is already established, but for me here and now, I do have to power to mess things up, not to a point that life is irredeemable if given to Jesus and that can give us hope. The truth that God can and will work all things together for the good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose. 

Turn your life over to God he can redeem it. 

If you don't then it is ruined even if you're called successful by everyone around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment