Monday, October 3, 2016

Love your Life...Finding Contentment

Love your Life... Finding Contentment
(a post inspired by Rachel Cruze)

I don’t know about you but I get a lot of emails that I just delete. I have signed up to hear from these people and I like then but I don’t have the time or I’m not in the mood to read their stuff.

Fortunately, this time, I did not just delete this email. It was from the people who do the Dave Ramsey show. They were offering a free group of devotionals from Rachel Cruze new book, Love Your Life, Not Theirs!. Wow, what a title and what a truth to live by.

It sparked inside of me the revelation that most people judge their happiness on comparison rather than on what they have. The Bible makes it very clear in 1 Timothy 6:6-10 we need to learn contentment. 

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Ouch! There is nothing wrong with having riches (if they are used correctly, but that is another topic). The problem is when riches are what drive us or being a rich as someone else, be that riches in money, things, or even other people’s bodies. We need to find contentment where we are at because here is the truth: 

If you can’t find contentment where you are at then a change in situation won’t give it to you either.

As I prepare to end this post, I want to give a quote from Rachel Cruze

"The more we compare ourselves to others, the less we think of ourselves."
– Rachel Cruze

If you are interested in the book Love Your Life, Not Theirs! Here is the link: https://amzn.com/1937077977 

God Bless and find contentment where you are at. 


PS Just to let you know. At the time I am writing this I am broke until payday, I tore up my knee, my back is hurting also (really shouldn’t have missed that last step on the stairs yesterday) and I have peace and contentment. How? Contentment is a mindset, not a condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment