Monday, November 14, 2016

When "Building" Christ's Kingdom is failure.

I wrote this at the beginning of 2015 and though my word for this year has changed the truth in this post is still true. I think 2017 I might take "building back as my word for the year." CSA

I have said my word for 2015 is “building.” I think about building the church, building my credibility and trust with the people of Tell City and of building relationships with people. 

However, before all of those, I need to build my relationship with Jesus. 

Oswald Chambers wrote, “The greatest competitor to Jesus is service for Him.”

This is a reminder that even though we may do work for God it is not to be our primary devotion. Our devotion has to be to Jesus Christ. 

I have seen a number of stories where a person gets caught up doing something for someone else. Then by get caught up doing that thing (whatever it is) and end up breaking the relationship they have with that very person. 

How many people have said, “I worked hard so you could have all of this.” 
Only to hear the other person say, “I did not want all of this. I only wanted you.”

Jesus does want us to work for him, but first he wants us to be in a committed relationship with Him. 

If we build the Kingdom but do not know the King then we are a failure in what Christianity is about; knowing Jesus.





Chambers, Oswald. My Utmost For His Highest. Uhrichsville:Ohio. Barbour Publishing with permission from Discovery House Publishers, 1935. January 18th entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment