Friday, July 21, 2017

The Right Time to Sow Wild Oats

The Right Time to Sow Wild Oats
Poetic Reasoning 


Someone once told me “Sow your wild oats while your young.”

But for me this did not seem sound, though fun it may be.

Because what ever you sow, you will one day reap,

And what you have planted will definitely grow.

So if I planted these weeds while yet I was young 

Then when I was grown, oh the work to be done.

Not only would I have to struggle and fight to do what is right

I would have to struggle with all the weeds in my life.

So sowing these foolish and childish acts would catch me at last.

In the prime of my life when I need it last.

So I considered Sowing those oats while in my life’s prime.

This I saw was even worse yet, 

what would my friends think of me then.

I would spend my strength in the prime of my time

spreading out something with no lasting gain

With its great harvest coming out when I’m weak 

Oh what a fool I would be to plant those weeds then.

So I considered at the end of my life sowing these weeds

Perhaps I would die, before the harvest was in?

But how would I do that after a life full of striving 

To throw it away for a little free running. 

At the end of my life what most would remain,

is what I had done at the end of my game.

I would lose then I know because the Maker would see 

these oats in my hands, my life all unclean. 

So what does it mean I think it is clear.

Sowing those oats is never a gain

The Price is too great whatever the year. 

So I gave back the oats to the fool who had said,

Spread them out now, think of now not then.

He was not happy I could see that for sure,

But I will be happy for one thing is sure

 this bad harvest will never be mine and that is for sure. 

Think about it....



No comments:

Post a Comment