Wednesday, November 28, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey November 28th

Tell City Nazarene Church's Biblical Journey
With Pastor Charles Areson
Today's reading is Ephesians 1-4

Are we predestined?
Do we even have a choice in this matter of salvation? 

This has been an argument for many over the years. Some have read the first chapter of Ephesians and say, Yes we are destined by God and we don't have a choice. Others, including myself, say that we do have a choice. 

So how can I reconcile what is said here with the idea of having a choice? First, I do believe God does know who will be saved as he lives outside of time. Secondly, we who live in time have a choice and God has determined those who make the choice to accept Jesus as Lord are destined to be saved. I see this in verse 13 because it says "Having believed, you were sealed"(NIV).  First belief then salvation is what I see here. 

I strongly disagree with those who believe mankind is predestined to be saved, yet both those who believe this and myself are trusting in Jesus as the source of our salvation. This being the case, we are brothers in Christ and will be together in heaven and when we are there it won't matter who was right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment