Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Psalm 17



The last verse in this chapter is interesting as it is translated both as us satisfied in seeing God and in seeing God's likeness in us. I'm not a Hebrew scholar to give my opinion on which is perfectly correct but I can say both are true. I will say that because God's likeness is made in us through Christ, we will be satisfied when we see God. All people will see God at the final judgment, however only those whose lives have been changed by Christ will be pleased to see Him. For the rest, seeing God will reveal everything that is broken and wrong in them and they will not be pleased. It has been said that heaven would be hell for those who don't have Jesus in their hearts and I believe it. How can you have peace in the presence of the one you have rejected. However, for those who have put their trust in God, God's likeness in them and in person will be wonderful.  

Photo by Kajetan Sumila on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment