Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why Collared?

What is the purpose for blogging?

For some it is an outreach to share information. For others it is a personal, howbeit public, diary. For others it is a to develop and gather ideas.

For myself it is a combination of all three. I write stories and so I blog for that. I teach on forgiveness and I blog on that. I talked about my struggle to take personal sabbath so, you guessed it, I  blog about that. I have even tried working on some video blogging.

So why did I originally call the blog COLLARED?

 No it is not just because sometimes I wear a clerical collar, but because I have been collared, apprehended, captured by God (and thankfully so).

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment