Monday, June 4, 2018

TCN Biblical Journey June 4th

Today's reading is Psalms 73-77

It may look like they're winning...


Psalms 73

Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.
But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. (Verses 1-3)

This is the place we get at times. We know God has been faithful in the past but right now it looks like everything is going good for those who don’t serve God. Over the next several verses the writer talks about how everything is going well for these people. This again is where we are. We can list the ways people who don’t serve God are doing well. We wonder if its really worth it. However, this isn’t where this psalm ends, and it shouldn’t be where we do either.

When I tried to understand all this,
it troubled me deeply
till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny (verses 16-17)

It is amazing what happens when we begin to study God’s word and attend church regularly. This is when we like the psalmist looks at the world differently. When we are where God wants us and are looking to him then our perspective changes and we realize it might look good now, but things are going to change. It’s like the pale person who spends years maintaining a tan only to find that it might have looked good for a while but now they are wrinkled or fighting cancer.


Are you discouraged by what you see? Get into the church and into the Bible, it will help straighten your thinking out. 

Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment