Thursday, September 6, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey September 6th (If you're reading this the end of the world hasn't happened.)

Tell City Nazarene Church's Biblical Journey
With Pastor Charles Areson
Today's reading is Daniel 12 - Hosea 1-3

THE END?

 
If you're reading this the end of the world hasn't happened.

At least, it hasn’t happened here yet.

You may wonder how this observation have to do with today’s reading. A lot actually, because God told Daniel to shut up the words and to seal the book until the end of time (Daniel 12:4). There is a lot of argument over what this all means but personally I believe that the full understanding of Daniel’s prophecies can not be understood until the end of time. To give another example, it is like the end of a movie or book where in the last page you get the clue which explains it all.

One of my favorite movies, if not my favorite, is Signs. In it the reasons, the signs if you will, are understood and come together. In the end faith is made complete. I don’t want to say more because I don’t want to give too many spoilers. (Note: the movie was not written for a Christian audience and does have some language which may offend some people, myself among them).

Since it isn’t the end yet, I don’t think we can fully understand everything in Daniel. Yes, some of it seems very clear. The picture of the Mede and Persian Empire, the rise of Greek and Rome are astounding, but there is some which are still a mystery. I am aware some people think they have it all figured out but Daniel 12:4 tells me we shouldn’t be too confident. God still has some surprises for us and that is okay with me.  

Photo by Matt Botsford on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment