Monday, November 9, 2020

Burying regret

 


Over twenty years ago I made up a little story for our oldest daughter. I called it Teia and the Dragon. I never completely fleshed it out but gave her the end of the story. For National Novel Writing Month, I decided to get back into it and try to at least get the rough draft finished. 

It may never be good enough to publish but I know Teia would be thrilled with it and probably her kids. So if nothing else it will bring them joy and it will be worth the time. Besides finishing the rough draft after all these years will feel like a victory. A victory against the doubt and fear which held me back all those years ago. 

All of us have some form of regret, I regretted not doing this years ago. I'm fixing some of that now. 

If you have the chance to fix one of your regrets then try. For the rest of this month, I won't be leaving my thought out here. I might throw out a chapter or two of the book but for now, I have an old regret to bury. 

Leave a word of encouragement for me will you, or better yet bury one of your regrets and tell me about it.







Photo by Matt Botsford on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment