Monday, January 11, 2021

Let Them Go



 Back when Trump was first elected there were some who called for states to succeed from the Union. I suspect that with Biden's win there will be others calling for other states to leave. 

Perhaps it is time to let them go. 

The divide in this country perhaps needs to be settled not with one side forcing the other to submit but one side letting others leave. Perhaps we need for good fences to make good neighbors is approaching. 

The problem is the extremist on both sides have gone so far in their rhetoric that letting one side or the other go would be the equivalent of giving power to Hitler or Stalin. The future of the planet is at stake or of personal liberties. I doubt one, two, or even a dozen states are going to change the destiny of the planet. 

If we respect people let them go. The other option may be war and I believe we can be better than that. I would hope that we can be without division but that isn't always an option. I realize this could be considered unpatriotic but you can love two people but realize them staying together isn't a good thing. I love my country, but I also fear for what may come from the extremist on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment