Monday, January 2, 2023

Out with the old and in with the new?

 


Out with the old and in with the new.


As the new year approaches many people see this as a great time to begin a new journey of one type or another. The idea of throwing out the old and going in a new direction for many is exciting. However, there is a danger in not stopping and examining what we have been doing. Perhaps there are things we can learn so we don't make the same mistakes. There is another possibility, we should do something new. 


A few years back I was asking God what I needed to do in the upcoming year. What I felt was God directing me to keep doing what we had been doing. I will be honest and say this didn't sound very exciting. I wanted something great and new to show off. However, When I looked through God's eyes and saw the truth I knew that I didn't need to do something new, I just needed to improve what I was already doing. As it turned out, it was the right choice. 


As you prepare for the coming year there are things that you may need to change, thinking you need to throw out and begin anew. However, maybe you just need to stand faithful where you are. Ask God and then follow even if it isn't into anything new. Perhaps you just need to stand fast. "having done everything, to stand. Stand firm then," Eph. 3 13b-14a

No comments:

Post a Comment