Monday, August 7, 2023

One Simple Word

All you need is the right word.


Okay, I mean "word" here as a message, not one singular word. However, as you read there are times when just one word may be enough. So here I go.


As I write this, I am spending part of the day working on a writing project that has been sitting on the back burner for some time. Correction, it wasn't on the back of the stove waiting to be dealt with, it was more like in the back of the refrigerator waiting to spoil. In the last couple of months when I wasn't doing my regular jobs and moving to a new home, I have worked on it. Now that things are settling down, I can guess that the project will be completed before the end of the month. 

YES!

So, what changed? First, I do have more time with only working one job now (long exhale), but besides that, it was the words of one person saying, "I would like a copy of that." One statement which affirmed what I write and specifically this project was worthwhile. 


Today, I might encourage you to give a word of encouragement to someone. Make sure the words are absolutely true. I've had people say, I would love to read that, and then never did or did only after I reminded them. That kills motivation, but sincere praise/encouragement is huge. Proverbs says that life and death are in the power of the tongue so go use your power...wisely.


Side Note: There are some people who need more than a word of encouragement no matter how sincere. So don't give up if you don't see results. Also, it might just take time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment