Monday, October 30, 2023

Going to Costa Rica...maybe?




This is my second post about my thoughts about what is happening in the new Global Methodist Church. I transferred my ordination in December from the Church of the Nazarene to the Global Methodist Church. I won't go into the reasons I chose to become GMC right now but it definitely felt right and when I talked to my mentor, a retired Nazarene pastor, about it he was excited for me. Now hearing about the decision to have our first General Conference in Costa Rica, I'm even more excited.

So why would I be? 

First, by holding our first General Conference overseas we are striving to be a truly global church. Second, by holding it in Costa Rica it will give those from parts of the world who would struggle to get visas to the USA a greater opportunity to attend. Both of these reasons I applaud. This is what I want to see in this new or maybe I should say, renewed version of Methodism.

So will I go? I hope so but a lot can happen in a year. If nothing else it motivates me to get back into studying Spanish. 

Pray for God's hand in the GMC so we will follow His guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment