Thursday, January 18, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey Jan 18th

This is from today's readings of Exodus 16-20.

Exodus 16

Today I was tempted to write about chapter 20 where God speaks the ten commandments from the mountain, however, I wanted to take a step back and look at God's faithfulness and his provision.

This chapter begins with the complaints of the Israelites aobut being without food. God answers with both quail and manna. The manna is the what I wanted to look at particularly. Jesus, as we will see in the New Testament, refers to himself as the bread of life and in the Lord's supper he takes the unleavened bread and says it is his body.

The manna the Israelites received come regularly until the time they enter the promised land. For use the bread of life, Jesus is with us to strengthen us until we also enter the promised land. What we see here is God's faithfulness even to a people who weren't always faithful to him. This brings me comfort because there are times I know that I have failed the Lord and he has been faithful in forgiving me and giving me the bread of life. Strength to carry on.

Why? because God is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment