Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Reflections on Reflections


Okay, I don't know what to call this and to be honest it may sound a little on the egotistical side but really, I'm not trying to be. Anyhow, the other day I was reading my post on Bible Reflections. The work is my unedited and first response or as I have called them reflections to all the chapters in the Bible. However, I read one and was really surprised. Here is what I wrote on a piece of paper at the time.

The things which really get my attention aren't mistakes and the less than stellar theology, grammar, and explanations but the moments of brilliance. Yes, this is egotistical but then perhaps it isn't. When great people of the past did great work often the knew it afterward. They knew it was great. I don't worry too much about ego as I still have plenty of, oops to keep me humble. The thought that I can be brilliant is a relief that my life isn't a waste. It is a hope what I do can make a difference. Yes, the world I live in may be going the way of Isaiah's prophecy but my work may have an impact beyond a generation set for destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment