Monday, September 7, 2020

Planning and living in the moment.



I asked God today what is the plan? How do I need to organize my day to be efficient? It was then it hit me what if life wasn't always about planning and efficiency? It was at this moment I remembered that God is so much bigger than we are. He created a world where there are very efficient creatures and some that aren't. There are well planned out people and people who don't plan anything. These people aren't bad (whichever you aren't) they are normal. We need both the planned and the spontaneity for our lives to be their fullest.  

I am wondering does God both have a plan and lives in the moments? I believe he does and though those seem completely incompatible maybe they are for us, but God is more than we are. 

How does this apply to our lives? Perhaps it is a reminder that we need to find the balance between these two both have a plan but don't be afraid to have spontaneity. Or if you are great at living in the moment maybe you need to start using a plan too. Let's find the balance. 

To use another illustration if you're a hammer, remember there are screwdrivers out there too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment