Monday, March 15, 2021

There be monster in there (the problem with the mirror).


 I will explain the title just consider this first. 

I have heard a lot of complaints lately about how bad a certain Christian business person is. I heard the quotes some taken from early on in the pandemic when they said they didn't think it would be as bad as proof they keep that opinion after things developed. Claims of being unfair and hypocritical. Proofs as the articles put it that exceptions were being made for some and not others. 

What is the truth? 

I know that anyone who rises to any degree of success is going to be hit. People love to knock down the big guy, prove that they are no better than we are. 

I guess there is some truth in the article and maybe even in some of the claims, but I don't know.  To be honest, considering they aren't in ministry or teaching any false doctrine it doesn't influence me or those in my church, I shouldn't worry about it. 

The thing is people really are up in arms about it. I can't help wonder if it's because of what has happened or as an excuse to dismiss or destroy what the person is selling.  

However, I have to ask myself do I want to be judged the same way this person is. What if every uniformed statement I make, every bad decision I follow, every sin I committed were held up as proof of what kind of person I was? I would want to hide.  I know I have misspoken. I have done things wrong. I know I am not perfect. However, I'm sure at some time someone will on a bigger level than they have in the past when my writing becomes more popular, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Ultimately though I have to consider not what others will do but what I should do. 

I have to tread carefully lest I enter the world of the judgemental. I don't want to become the person Jesus warns us about who is judging others. I don't want to become the very monster I am seeing in others. I want to give grace. Not just to those I tend to agree with but also to those whom I believe are wrong. To be not like the monsters who want to cast stones. but like Jesus who both condemned the sin (go and sin no more) but also didn't throw the stone.

I don't want a problem in my mirror, I don't want to see a monster. 


P.S. As far as the picture goes. There are too many monster images out there that will take away a peaceful night's sleep, I went with something softer. 

Thanks to https://unsplash.com/@alschim

No comments:

Post a Comment