Monday, March 29, 2021

Perfectionist (don't quit!)

Definitely not my office space.


 I'm a recovering perfectionist. I like things to be perfect and in order. Though if you look around my office you might think otherwise. Why is that? 

The reason is because if you can't have it perfect then don't try. 

Yes, it's a bad motto but too often I have learned that perfectionists will quit or not even try if they can't get it perfect. 

Now, I'm not in favor of shoddy work, but we need to give ourselves the grace to do work we know isn't going to be perfect. What we may find when we do start giving ourselves grace is that we can discover the truth that nothing in this world is perfect, but it can be good.

I could say more but I've got editing to do. I've been putting it off because I know I won't get it perfect (yes, I know I have issues). Let's beat them with God's help.




James McDonald on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment