Monday, May 24, 2021

Choosing to carry guilt.

 


I recently read a book by Andy Stanley, Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets. It was good.  He formulated a question about our decisions that caught my attention, "Is this action going to affect my future?"

He spoke about the brothers of Joseph carrying guilt about what they had done. He pointed out that when bad things started happening in Egypt they asked themselves if this was a result of what they had done to Joseph. 

This caused me to realize that these men may have been asking this question for years. For years, when things went wrong they could have asked themselves, "Did we deserve this?" Made me realize again that our actions affect our future even mentally. Secondly, God doesn't want us consumed with guilt. 

God offers us the same four truths Joseph did. The truth: What you did was evil. Truth: I forgive.  Truth: It is worked out for good. Truth: Come and share my blessings.

We can choose to stay in the famine and in the guilt but God is offering something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment