Monday, May 10, 2021

Living in Forgiveness


When I first wrote about my struggle with forgiveness I titled the work Impossible to Forgive. The irony was it wasn’t impossible to forgive. I didn’t realize it at the time but I had been dealing with things that could have been considered impossible to forgive before, in my own life, and in the life of those, I taught about. 

David- impossible

Sampson - impossible

Adam and Eve - impossible

Peter - impossible

Paul - impossible


Yet I taught God forgave these people. This is perhaps why though I didn’t see how I could I knew I should. I had seen it.


I knew that though the person who killed my grandmother and the family member who did such wrong didn’t deserve forgiveness, that I didn’t either. 


I might still call my next book impossible to forgive, but the reality is perhaps what I should call it is living in forgiveness. This is where I want to be and where I want to lead others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment