Monday, August 30, 2021

Who Me?

Maybe? NO!


After the Webinar on forgiveness, I was asked to speak on forgiveness to a group of people in an area of the world that has seen a lot of upheaval and violence. I can't help but think, "Who am I to speak to these people?"

Yes, my experience was bad and the person committing it was committing an evil act but nothing like many these people are working with. However, the truth of forgiveness isn't based on the crime of the offended. I have said and believe that there are acts of betrayal that feel far worse than murder, so maybe I can relate and they can relate to me. 

At the end of the day, all I can do is be available. People who want to hear will, those who don't will find an excuse not to. If I consider people dismissed Holocaust survivor Eva Kor's call for forgiveness then no matter what I experience, or didn't, will not matter. It is after all a personal choice, I can only point the way, and I will.  

This choice to speak, however, I hope never takes away the humility I should feel when I'm called to speak to those who have suffered much. I have to remember, if I let pride in, I might let unforgiveness back in as well. That is a subject for another post. 






Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash 

No comments:

Post a Comment