Monday, September 27, 2021

I can do All (okay maybe not)

Strenght to WIN! (?)


 For many people their favorite if not one of their favorite verses in the Bible is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength. The only problem is we see people who seem not to be doing it. they aren't healthy, rich, or successful. They don't reach their goals or become the best. 

So what is going on? 

the answer for some is that the people claiming this verse just don't have enough faith. I will give the people who make this claim that sometimes this is the case, however not always. There are other reasons people don't do all things.

First, we need to realize that the apostle who wrote this wasn't speaking of human success and wealth or "making it" as we would call it. Paul isn't talking about doing all I/you want to do.  

Second, when we talk about through Christ we need to realize we need to be in Christ and doing what He wants us to do. God isn't normally going to give you the strength to do your own thing when he has something else in mind for you to be doing. 

Finally, and most importantly, Paul was referring to the power to endure hardship and persecution. This verse has nearly everything to do with enduring than making it to the top in this life. Look at the verse previous and you will see Paul says "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Paul here is speaking of enduring not getting what we want. He's talking about learning to hold on to God when things are good and when things are bad. 

I have lived long enough to say that it is those who know how to endure the good and the bad in life that we can admire.

So, God give me the strength to endure All things.

No comments:

Post a Comment