Monday, December 27, 2021

Writing Goals

 Everyone who wants to write needs to set a written goal. 

Why?

Because for most of us if we don't have a goal to write a day goes by without writing and then two, then a month and you get the idea.

Each of us needs to have a personal one that is reasonable considering the life we live. It needs to be flexible like any writing counts, or if you have a bid day coming up you can write tomorrow's word count today. 

It's also good to make it public so you can be accountable. 

You guessed it, that is what I am doing. 

Here is my goal. 500 words a day on Monday-Thursday and Saturday. Friday is my day off and Sunday is, well I'm a preacher so it's busy. I don't need to justify myself I just know myself and this will work. I also will allow myself to write more one day for up to a week ahead. So if I know Monday is going to be busy I can write 1000 words on the previous Thursday. This also means if I get deep into writing one weekend and pump out 30,000 words I won't take three months off. I actually did this once. Yes the writing and then not writing though I'm not sure if it was three months I went without afterward. I'm also giving myself two weeks off so when I'm on vacation with the family, I'll be with my family. You get the idea and now I do too.

Word Count for 2022 -- 125,000

What is yours?


Good Luck everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment