Monday, January 3, 2022

Don't preach on forgiveness!

 


Don’t let the preacher preach on Forgiveness if:
Okay, you may think that this has nothing to do with you because you are not a minister and you never preach. Let me tell you if you're a parent then you have preached. If you're a friend, you have preached. Now you may never have stood behind a pulpit but all of us have stood in a position of authority and instructed somebody, so this blog is for you, not your pastor.


SO WHEN DON'T YOU?

When you do not live it. 

It doesn’t take long for most of us to realize when someone is having lots of trouble forgiving (or just refusing to). The person you are talking to just will not listen, because they may think you are insincere or just a hypocrite. 
Example: I can say that regular exercise is good and being overweight is bad, but I will not motivate others to do what is right in these areas. Why? I don’t exercise regularly the way I should though I can start talking about my diet.
What did Jesus tell us about trying to pick the speck out of someone else’s eye while having a log in our own (Matthew7:3-5)? Consider Romans 2:1. Paul warned about judging another while doing the same thing.  
Now I am not saying that you have to be perfect in order to teach a truth? No! What I am saying is that the person your talking to may not hear you.
Remember, you may not be a minister but you are a preacher and a preacher should live what they preach or at least struggle to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment