Monday, August 1, 2022

Wesley's Questions #1

NO! John Wesley, not John Wayne!

 I have been recently asked if I could answer the 19 questions that John Wesley had his bishops ask those wanting to enter the ministry. I believed I could so in taking on that challenge I am going to post my answers. They probably won't be perfect or how you might answer them but they will be mine. Perhaps you might ask yourself how you might answer them. 


1. Have you faith in Christ?

Romans 10:9-10 says, "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved" (NIV). I have and do declare that Jesus is Lord of my life. I trust in His death on the cross has paid for my sins and His resurrection is proof the payment for sin is covered and that by having faith in Him, I too will have everlasting life. I further believe Jesus’ words that He is the only way to salvation (John 14:6).

I responded to an alter call at the First Baptist Church of Clinton, Indiana when I was 7 years old. I remember before consenting to baptize me the pastor sitting down with me in his office and asked if I knew what it meant to be a follower of Jesus. I do not recall the exact words I used but I understood Jesus paid the price for my sins and I could have a new life in Him and heaven when life was over. Since that time, I have come to understand more of the price Jesus paid, the depth of my sins, the promise of eternity, and the hope of a better life now with Jesus as my Lord (master, director, leader). 



Picture by CARTER SAUNDERS

No comments:

Post a Comment