Monday, October 10, 2022

Wesley's Questions #7

 


 I have been recently asked by someone in the Global Methodist Church if could answer the 19 questions that John Wesley had his bishops ask those wanting to enter the ministry in regard to the GMC. I believed I could so in taking on that challenge I am going to post my answers. They probably won't be perfect or how you might answer them but they will be mine. Perhaps you might ask yourself how you might answer them.  

John Wesley’s Questions


7. Will you keep the General Rules of our Church?

To answer the question if I will keep the general rules of the church I give this example. When I joined the Church of the Nazarene they had in their rules that Nazarenes were expected to refrain from attending the cinema. I personally disagreed with this ruling as I felt that it was not what was in the cinema but what was portrayed in specific movies that were the problem. I often found that much of what some Nazarenes watched via VCR tapes were far worse than much of what was on in the cinema. However, when I agree to join the church, I agreed that I would follow their rules. Until the church changed their rules on entertainment I never attended the cinema though there were times I was tempted. I have made a commitment and that commitment said I would follow their rules whether I fully agreed or not. I do not see anything in the general rules of the global Methodist Church which I disagree with like I did that rule therefore believe I can honestly say I can follow all the general rules of the Global Methodist Church to the best of my ability so help me God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment