Monday, October 31, 2022

Wesley's Questions #13

  


 I have been recently asked by someone in the Global Methodist Church if could answer the 19 questions that John Wesley had his bishops ask those wanting to enter the ministry in regard to the GMC. I believed I could so in taking on that challenge I am going to post my answers. They probably won't be perfect or how you might answer them but they will be mine. Perhaps you might ask yourself how you might answer them.  

John Wesley’s Questions


13. Will you exercise the ministry of compassion?

I believe that part of the ministry of every Christian is to have compassion for those who are less fortunate. As an elder, it is my responsibility to not just teach this but to live it out. I might not have the skills to help in every area but I should use what I have and praise those who do this work.

In the past, I have made ministry to those in nursing homes a priority even when others said the people there were a waste of time. I also was involved in habitat for humanity. I currently work in these areas as assisting in the food pantry ministry and shut-in visitation for St. Mark’s Methodist Church and as a hospice chaplain. I do not know where the ministry will take me in the future however, I can not imagine a time when I would not be involved in some form of compassionate ministry. 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment