Monday, February 27, 2023

New Journey


Update: Just sent out this email last week.

Dear ST Marks Family,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I will be leaving my employ with St Mark’s Church on March 5, 2023.  The Global Methodist Church has appointed me as the new pastor of Selma Christ Church in Selma, Indiana. The distance and responsibilities of this new charge make it impossible for me to continue fulfilling the responsibilities for which I was hired here at St Mark’s.

It has been a privilege and an honor to partner in ministry with you. I have learned a lot and appreciate you taking me and my family into yours. I pray that our time here has been as much a blessing for you as it has been for us. We have walked through a lot this past year, we have ended up in a place we never expected, or at least not in the timeframe we imagined, and now God is moving again. I look forward to doing ministry with you in the future, not as the associate pastor but as the pastor of another Global Methodist Church moving forward into the work God has called us into. I’m reminded of the words God gave the children of Israel through Jerimiah “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope” (29:11 NLT).


May God continue to bless you.  

Sincerely, 

Rev. Charles Wesley Areson

No comments:

Post a Comment