Monday, May 1, 2023

How dumb do you think I am?

Didn't have a picture of a golden one.



Exodus 32:24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has gold jewelry, take it off.’ When they brought it to me, I simply threw it into the fire—and out came this calf!” NLT


Brothers have been known to, how shall I say this, "fib" to one another or exaggerate the truth a bit and maybe even lie. But who wants to get in trouble especially when it's your younger brother who's in charge? I have to believe that is what Arron was doing when he tried to explain away the golden calf he had made at the request of the people of Israel.

This excuse takes the cake. Who in the world is going to believe this, especially since everyone saw him doing the work. If I had been Moses I might have said, "Arron. just how dumb do you think I am?" 

Yes, they had both seen God do some pretty miraculous things since they had both heard the voice of God specifically say "Don't make an idol" I can't give Arron credence for trying to blame God for it. Which I really hope he wasn't trying to do. God knows.

Whatever the case this has to be the craziest excuse an adult has ever given. Or at least in the top ten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment