Monday, September 4, 2023

Walking Between The Types (the personality types that is)


Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Jesus did a lot of intense ministry. However, if you read carefully, you see a pattern of rest. You see him taking time to go to parties, going off alone, and sleeping when others couldn’t. We do have times where the Bible specifically says he prayed all night but other times he went off alone or went off alone with his disciples. Yes, he did the occasional miracle on the Sabbath, but other than that he didn’t break it even by the Pharisees' standards.  I don’t see it as unscriptural to say he took days off and made sure to get a good night’s sleep. Looking at the number of times God commanded rest and feasts, I believe Jesus would not have been called a driven person but neither could he be called a type-B personality either.

So how does that apply to us and this scripture? Jesus lived the yoke he called us to wear. He worked hard, rested well, take time away, and when the time is right have a party. So maybe we should go and do likewise. 

This might not make you laugh, but it should make you smile because you can relax a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment