Sunday, April 14, 2024

Isaiah 16



 "As the Years of a Hireling" (vs 14)

I have had jobs where I worked when I didn't need to. Jobs where I worked because of the mission of the organization. I did it for a reason. I have also worked at jobs where I was just a hireling, a person to only do a job. In these later jobs, it wasn't that I had the attitude of a hireling but my employer looked at me and everyone in their hire as just bodies to do a job. When the end of the day came in the hireling job, I didn't stick around, I took as it were my money and left. God is saying when the time is up for Moab, God is going to say, as it were, I'm out of here just try and do this without me. Unlike, the places I worked, without God's blessing and protection, everything was going to fall apart. 


Photo by Ümit Yıldırım on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment