Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Luke 14



 Count the cost.

Things are pretty good for me right now. Far from perfect and financially nowhere near what is recommended for having at my age for retirement, but still, it's okay. For me, ministry has never been a way to get wealth or to get ahead as most, no, all of my moves further into ministry have cost me financially. That being said, compared to other people I feel mostly secure. The danger for me and maybe for you is that when you are in a place like this are you willing to let it go if it is required to so that you may follow God? 

If you or I aren't then we aren't ready for the kingdom of God. These aren't my words. These are Jesus' and they are uncomfortable. I pray that I am. Sometimes I know I am, other times I hope I am. What I do have to do, all of us need to do, is to ask God to test our hearts and see if we are. I pray that nothing I have will I consider worth more than God. 




Photo by Alexander Mils on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment