Friday, October 4, 2024

Isaiah 40

 


If you are doing the Bible Reflections Journaling program you just read Job yesterday. As I read verse  27, Why do you complain, Jacob? Why do you say, Israel, “My way is hidden from the Lord; my cause is disregarded by my God” I can see Job saying these words. Yet the answer is found in this chapter. The answer is having hope in God. Job lost his hope. He had his integrity, but he lost hope in God. This chapter is meant to give hope to Israel and that hope is found in God. 

Too often we look for security, money, relationships, political parties, and the like for hope but ultimately they all fail. The only place we can find hope isn't in a place but in the person of God and I would add as a New Testament believer that person is Jesus, God incarnate. 

Photo by Simon Fitall on Unsplash

 

No comments:

Post a Comment