Thursday, July 12, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey - July 12th

Today's reading is Isaiah 12-16

"Praise GOD!"

As a result of the events foretold in chapter 11, chapter 12 is a song of praise. For those that have received God's salvation, this song can resound your own feelings. I suppose I could say a lot about this but I want only to point out one thing before I encourage you to read it again. "Surely God is my salvation," God isn't the giver of salvation he is salvation. God is the originator, the provider, the sacrifice, and the fulfiller of it. God is my salvation, nothing else. 

Isa 12:1-6 (KJV)
(1)  And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
(2)  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
(3)  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
(4)  And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
(5)  Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
(6)  Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Photo by Avel Chuklanov on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment