Monday, July 16, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey July 16th

Today's reading is Isaiah 22-26


Too often, prophets are seen as heartless preachers of damnation and judgment. This is not the reality we see in the Bible. More often then not we see the attitude that Isaiah shows in 22:4 "That's why I said, "Leave me alone to weep; do not try to comfort me. Let me cry for my people as I watch them being destroyed"(NLT).

The prophets are portrayed as something they are not. I believe this is done because it is easy to ignore someone who doesn't like you. It is harder to ignore a person who cares about you. 


This is part of the reason why at times Christians are also portrayed as heartless, judgmental people. Yes, some are but they are not the majority. Some may present things badly, but most care deeply and like Isaiah weep over the very people they are trying to warn. They want to see them saved but know that many will reject it. 

To those who weep, don't feel ashamed. Ignore the condemnation and keep speaking the truth (and weep).


Photo by Jerry Kiesewetter on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment