Monday, July 13, 2020

Comfortable?



Being comfortable isn't bad but it is a poor way to live. 

Yes, this seems strange but expert after expert will tell you striving and growth are what make life worth living. This is why I don't think that eternity in heaven is going to be us sitting around all the time being comfortable. No, it won't have the strife we struggle with today but I don't see it boring either. This is a different lesson and not where I'm heading.

We (myself included, or especially) have to accept that if we are going to be happy and fulfilled then we need new challenges. We need to be uncomfortable. 

I am learning video streaming and editing now. There is also an ongoing effort to learn more about God and ministry. Yes, there are times I would like to just be comfortable and there are seasons for rest and comfort but it is never to be our life. The key is balance. 

So what are you doing to make yourself uncomfortable?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment