Monday, April 5, 2021

The Perfect Writer...

A couple of the books I have published.




 What does the perfect writer do?

The simple answer is writing.

Anyone who wants to be a writer and an author knows there is also editing, promoting, and learning new technologies the craft requires today (by in large, no one is going to accept a handwritten manuscript). 

So what does it mean to be a writer today?

Answering this question is where most struggle. I know I do. So w
hat should I do? What does it take? How should I schedule my time? Do I need Facebook, Instagram, Googles+ (So sorry for those invested in that platform)? What do other writers do? 

It is the last question I want to answer. Oh, and to remind myself also.

At the end of the day what others do may help you a little, but ultimately you have to do what works for you. 5am the answer then get up. 9pm your time, then do that. Family commitments crowding in then maybe you need to slow down (I didn't say stop). 

I know what works for me and if you have done this a while you know what works for you. 

If you're still learning and we all should be, listen to advice and ideas from others. At the end of the day, it is what works for you. Playing loud music and sitting in a subway station might be the place you write best. I don't know how but that is me. Sitting in your living room might be or perhaps it is a coffee shop, but find what works, and then... are you ready for this?

I bet you already know the answer.

Write (edit, promote, learn,...).





ave it down perfectly

No comments:

Post a Comment