Monday, November 7, 2022

Wesley's Questions #14

  


 I have been recently asked by someone in the Global Methodist Church if could answer the 19 questions that John Wesley had his bishops ask those wanting to enter the ministry in regard to the GMC. I believed I could so in taking on that challenge I am going to post my answers. They probably won't be perfect or how you might answer them but they will be mine. Perhaps you might ask yourself how you might answer them.  

John Wesley’s Questions


14. Will you diligently instruct children in every place?

I do not see myself as being a teacher of children, however, as a minister of the gospel I do not see God giving age brackets. If there is an opportunity to instruct people then it is my responsibility as a minister of the gospel to teach. We do not specifically see Jesus teaching children but his willingness to let the little ones come to Him gives us an example that we are to reach to all ages (Matthew 19:14).

In the past, I have taught Bible school, lead children’s meetings, and worked with children in church, schools, and in the community. I admit that I feel completely inadequate for the job, but I have done what need to do. It is also my hope that I can help instruct children in the stories I have published and the ones I hope to in the future. With all of this being considered, I will answer Yes to this question.


No comments:

Post a Comment