Monday, January 1, 2024

Genesis 1


As I begin this new year and this new or returned journey through the Bible, I notice again that in Genesis chapter one God says that everything is good. The sky, the land, the night, the day, sea creatures and land creatures, even men and women. Did you notice that list? Sky/land, day/night, men/women. In the chapter somethings which we call opposites, God calls good. God is into, yes he created diversity. In the beginning, God created a world of diversity. God called it good.

Later, man will rebel and create a twisted form of diversity. A difference is that God will call sin, but many of the things in our world that may seem opposite are actually good. For example, we call darkness bad. However, God didn't. I could go into the reasons people both educated and not believe that man called darkness bad, but for my observation, God didn't.  Yes, God is against darkness but it isn't the darkness he created, it's the darkness we create. How do we create darkness? In our souls or in the minds of people in a place where there should be light. 

I could go on instead I'm going to summarize and remind myself and those who read, that just because things are different doesn't necessarily make them bad. However, just because they are different doesn't make them good either if God didn't want it that way. Today, I begin by trying to put light, the light of God's Word, and the light of His love into my heart and mind to dispel the darkness God never wanted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment