Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Psalm 27


Though a mighty army surrounds me,

my heart will not be afraid.

Even if I am attacked,

I will remain confident. (verse 3, NLT)

As I read this I was reminded of the words of three Hebrew children in Daniel 3:18, "But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up." 

In both settings, the Psalmist and in Daniel both express trust in God even if the worst should come. Why can they do this? Because they have put their trust in God completely. For us, we can because we know that God will work things together for good for us (Romans 8:28), and on top of that we have a hope for something greater beyond this life (2 Corinthians 5:6, Philippians 1:23).  


No comments:

Post a Comment