Friday, August 30, 2024

Isaiah 35

 


There will be a highway called the Way of Holiness. We may disagree on what holiness is and what it looks like the truth is that holiness is something God wants from those he redeems. We aren't just sinners saved by grace but transformed. Yes, we see in life and scripture that the transformation to complete holiness in spirit, soul, and body doesn't happen immediately at salvation, all branches of Christianity believe it will happen. Some only at death, most as a process the Holy Spirit begins to work out in the believer's life here on earth. What we do see is that it will be completed when the Lord returns or truly no one would be able to walk on this road.  

Personally, I'm glad as a Wesleyan/Methodist that I have hope that God can begin to change me now. I have hope that God can entirely sanctify those who follow him. I wouldn't want to think I have to stay the broken person I was when I first came to Christ without the hope of the Spirit's transforming power. 


Photo by George Bohunicky on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment