Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Acts 10


 The night before I wrote this I woke up feeling wonderful. My back which was hurting had no pain. My sinuses which felt a little stuffy before going to bed were clear. I felt as if I could get up and do the work I had done twenty years ago wouldn't be a problem. I even felt like I had lost weight. It was great. The thought came to me. How does the miracle work? I was confused. It wasn't a demonstration of faith or something I had done it was...well... miraculous. How does the miracle work? I didn't have an answer. the only thing that came to my mind was, "It doesn't." It doesn't work because I did something a miracle works because Jesus does something. Jesus does the miracle, period. It is a miracle after all. 

The thought wouldn't leave my mind and so I got up and wrote this in a tablet I have by my bed. "How does a miracle work? It doesn't, Jesus does." We don't decide we get one Jesus does and we need to accept how he does it.

This brings me to the scripture today. The Jews had an understanding of how Gentiles could receive God's miracle of the covenant. It was through circumcision and following the law. Jesus had another plan. He told and showed Peter and the other disciples that he could cleanse the heart and the outward mark of circumcision was not needed. How did this miracle work? Jesus did it, period. 

Side note: When I actually got up this morning, I was back to physically being who I was. What happened? A miracle not in my body but in deepening my understanding. A reminder that I need to let Jesus be the healer and not me dictating how he should do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment