Monday, August 12, 2024

Exodus 18


What a change? It might be easy to miss but when Moses named his youngest son who was born before God delivered Israel from Egypt, he called him Eliezer saying "My father's God was my helper..." However, as Moses' life would continue it would later be said that God spoke to Moses face to face. What a change from knowing God as your father's God. What changed? Moses. Moses spent time with God and his relationship with God changed. It makes all the difference when you know God and not just know about him from others.

This reminds me of a story in Acts where seven brothers tried to cast out a demon in "The name of Jesus who Paul preaches." The demon replied (in my version of events) I know Jesus and Paul, they are connected with God and real power but I don't recognize you guys so you are fair game and I'm going to have fun beating the living daylights out of you. If you are connected it makes all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment