Monday, August 19, 2024

Exodus 20



I would dare say that many would think the effects of bad behavior cause more damage than good behavior brings about good. I have felt that way often but then I come to this scripture and see where God has said in verses 5-6 that the effects of bad last for 3-4 generations but because of God's love the effects of good done by His people will last for a 1000 generations. I recall my math and 1000 is always greater than 4.  

Side note: God isn't maliciously laying the effects of sin on children. However, God has put into effect in the world that actions have consequences. So good and bad choices have consequences and unfortunately, those pass on to the people around them if they are bad. Remember the same dynamic that shares bad consequences, also makes it possible to share good. Ultimately it isn't God's fault if you make a bad decision it's yours. 


Photo by Priscilla Du Preez 🇨🇦 on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment