Thursday, May 31, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey May 31st

Today's reading is Psalms 63-67


A dry and parched land.


Psalms 63:1 “You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

How bad do you want God? A little bit, a whole lot, or with everything you have. What David is saying here is the last, a consuming desire. This is the person Jesus claims will be blessed because they hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5).

So how much do you want God? I must admit there are times I don’t want God like this. I hope though that those times will fade and the times of wanting him and enjoying him will fill my life.  


Side note: A consuming passion for God doesn’t mean that you aren’t concerned about other things, be it family, people, or even reading. What it does mean is that those things are a part of your desire for God. 

Photo by Parsing Eye on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment