Wednesday, May 9, 2018

TCN's Biblical Journey May 9th

Today's reading is Job 25-29


As Job looks over his past when things were going well he made note that those around him listened to him. We don't know if everyone there was only there because Job had wealth but as I read this I am reminded of Solomon's words "Wealth attracts many friends"(Proverbs 19:4a) and “the rich have many friends.
” (Proverbs 14:20b).

Now not all friends are friends because of money and/or fame, but one must guard against it. For me at this time in my life, our lack of wealth (at least in this culture) means I don’t doubt the friendship of those around me. People who come to church aren’t hoping that we will be giving them something, because there is little to give.

I am not saying that those with wealth, fame, or power can’t have solid friends? No, but I am saying that perhaps it may be easier for those who don’t. There is at least, one less concern.


So, what is the lesson? It is a reminder that not everyone is drawn to you for the right motive. We will discover what happens when things change in the next chapter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment