Saturday, September 21, 2024

Goals


Almost every one of us should have goals in our lives. There are times like when you are fighting some disease or a huge family crisis that they need to be put on hold and that is a good thing. There are also times when you shouldn't put them on hold but just make adjustments for where you are. If you just had a child writing that novel shouldn't be your first priority it should be learning and practicing being a great parent. I am currently in this adjustment period as my family needs attention which requires me to be very flexible. 

Also, I have to remind myself and the few who read my blog that goals are more successful if you write them down and review them. I just finished reviewing my goals again today as my calendar had this annoying reminder, "Review Goals." I gave myself grace for the unusual circumstances I have faced in the last month (over 3 weeks my family was in quarantine due to health stuff) and the other issues that are going on. Once all that was done I felt good, not great about how I'm proceeding. 

I could have just let it go at that but couldn't as I remembered that accountability is another thing that helps one succeed. This one is one I have had trouble doing. So I have decided to write this for one and then to ask the person who has been a Challenge Partner in writing before to hold my feet to the fire again. Here is the truth, Yes, I have done okay, but I can do better now so I need to give myself a push. 

So ask me this next week, How's the writing going? and if you're willing to live dangerously you could ask how my Braydon story is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment